Thanks to everyone who came out on Thursday, March 30! CAA met at the Green Room at Symphony Center. We had a great turnout; 61 members joined us despite the rain. The Steering Committee will distribute the official minutes soon, but in the meantime here are the meeting highlights:
- The Steering Committee shared our 2016 annual report.
- The Events, Outreach, and Professional Development subcommittees shared all of the great projects they worked on this year, and announced exciting new projects for 2017. It’s not too late to get involved! Email our subcommittee chairs for more information.
- Gretchen Neidhardt shared the 2016 Chicago Open Archives report; Steering is still looking for a leader to take COA into the future; if you’re interested email email@example.com.
- This year we introduced the Members of the Year award! Congratulations Amy and Sarah!
- Ashley Gosselar, Susan Hanf and Morgen MacIntosh-Hodgetts introduced CAA’s Day of Service. Registration is now open!
- MAC 2018 will be held in Chicago! Look for future posts at mac2018.wordpress.com!
- We heard from the nominees for Steering Committee, 2017-19. We had a strong ballot! Thank you to all who ran and thank you to the CAA members who voted in this year’s election. Elected to serve are:
Megan Keller Young
2017 will mark 35 years for CAA! So let’s make it a great year! Thanks again to all of our volunteers and members.
MAC 2018 Local Arrangements Committee Co-Chairs, Andrea Bainbridge and Andy Steadhman address gathered CAA members [Photo courtesy of Amy Belotti]