CAA is pleased to announce a new initiative which aims to increase recognition of the excellent work of our members. As such, we are now taking nominations for CAA Member of the Year!
All CAA members in good standing may submit their nominations by sending an email to email@example.com with the name of the nominee and a brief paragraph explaining why they should be nominated.
A couple of rules/considerations:
1. This award is meant to recognize excellence within CAA; it is meant for CAA members who have gone above and beyond to serve the organization. In particular, its meant to award those working behind the scenes, so current chairs of Steering or of Subcommittees are not eligible.
2. Though this is really meant for individual members, there may also be nominations for projects or groups consisting of a 2-3 CAA members.
3. Winners will be announced at the CAA members meeting in March, given recognition on the website, and will win some sort of CAA Swag .
4. This is different than the Janet Olson Award, which is not intended to be an annual award, but one given out for significant contributions to the organization over many years of service. Think of the Janet Olson Award more as a lifetime achievement award. We are also accepting nominations for the Janet Olson Award! Submission instructions are the same. The criteria for consideration are available on our website: http://www.chicagoarchivists.org/Janet-Olson-Award
5. Please send nominations by February 15. CAA's Outreach Subcommittee will select the winner(s), who will be notified about a week before the members meeting in March. If for any reason the Outreach Committee decides that they have not received enough nominations which meet the qualifications, they may choose not to present an award for this year.