Join your fellow archivists to hear from Chicago-area colleagues who presented at MAC. This members-only panel is intended for anyone who didn’t make the MAC annual meeting or would like to support their fellow colleagues who presented at MAC. Attendees will have the opportunity to seek advice on getting involved with a conference panel.
Presenters and topics include:
- Laura Alagna, Northwestern University, Elbow Grease and Flexibility: Practical Insights from Migrations Big and Small
- Morgen MacIntosh-Hodgetts, DePaul University, Cross-Disciplinary Instruction: Course Engagement beyond the History Major
- Anita Mechler, BMRC, Paths to Discovery: Programs Bringing African American Collections to Stakeholder Communities
- Johanna Russ, CPL, Leaning IN: Strategies for Balancing Caregiving and Professional Careers and Reframing Definitions of Success
- Martin Touhy, National Museum of the American Sailor, Remembering “Over There”: WWI Collections, Outreach and Education
- Julie Wroblewski, Chicago History Museum, Telling the Story of 1967-68 in the North: Documenting Social Protest in Chicago, Milwaukee, and Detroit
After the panel, join presenters and CAA colleagues for a happy hour.
Date: May 2, 2017
Time: 3:00–5:00 PM, happy hour following
Panel: Chicago Public Library, Lincoln-Belmont || 1659 W Melrose St, Chicago, IL 60657
Happy Hour: The Green Lady || 3328 N. Lincoln Ave Chicago, IL 60657
Advanced registration before April 28 is required. CAA members only.
Can’t make the panel? Join us for the happy hour afterwards. Just let us know when you register.
CTA: Paulina (Brown Line)
Bus lines: 9 Ashland, 11 Lincoln, 50 Damen, 77 Belmont
Parking: Chicago Public Library, public parking lot and street parking